Present Position： Professor
Address：School of Civil Engineering Tsinghua University Beijing, 100084
Tel：+86 10 62797229
1978.2 - 1982.1 Civil Engineering, Zhejiang University, BEng
1982.2 - 1984.7 Civil Engineering, Zhejiang University, MEng
1990.1 - 1994.1 Transportation Engineering, University of Southampton, PhD
1984.8 - 1989.12 Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, Zhejiang University, China
1994.1 - 1999. 9 Research Fellow, TRG, University of Southampton, the UK
1999.10 - 2002.10 Senior Research Fellow, TRG, University of Southampton, the UK
2000.8 - 2003.7 Yangtze River Scholar Professor of Ministry of Education of China
2002.11 - 2005.12 Senior Research Fellow, TRG, University of Southampton, the UK Director of UCIC, University of Southampton, the UK
2006.１- 2007.１ Professor, TRG, University of Southampton, the UK Director of UCIC, University of Southampton, the UK
2007.1 - 2010.12 Professor, TRG, University of Southampton, the UK
Worldwide ITS Ambassador, Senior Technical Director, WSP Group PLC, the UK
2011.1 - Today Professor, Tsinghua University, China
1. Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in the UK
2. Member of the The Institution of Highways and Transportation, UK
3. Chairman of the Federation of China Professionals and Scholars in the UK (2002-2006)
4. Transportation Advisor to 2008 Beijing Olympic Game Organizing Committee
5. Owner of the Great Wall Friendship Award of Beijing City
6. Traffic Advisor to Traffic Management Bureau, Beijing Municipal Government
7. Traffic Advisor to Hangzhou Municipal Government
8. Senior Advisor to Haikou Municipal Government
9. Senior Advisor of the HOME Program, China Association of Science and Technology
10. Public Transport Advisor to Ministry of Housing and Construction, China
11. Overseas Specialist of NSFC, China
12. Overseas Specialist of Ministry of Education of China
13. Overseas Specialist of MOST, China
14. Visiting Professor to University of Southampton
1. Driving Behaviour, Traffic Modeling and Simulation
2. Traffic Data Collection and Analysis
3. Traffic Management and Simulation Study
4. Intelligent Transport Systems
1. Traffic Analysis，Design and Simulation
2. Introductions of Intelligent Transport Systems
1. Y.G.Sui, M.Guo and J. Wu (2009) Theories and Practice of Road Traffic Management and Simulation Assessment, People’s Communications Press. ISBN: 114-07661-9.
2. J. Wu (2004) “Introduction to Transportation Systems”. Edition. Publisher: Taiwan Wunan, ISBN: 1-58053-141-5, Taiwan, 2004.
3. Wu J, Sui Y, Wang T (2009) Intelligent transport systems in China. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers-Municipal Engineer. Volume: 162， Issue: 1，Pages: 25-32. Issn 0965-0903.
4. Ling Huang and Jianping Wu (2009) Cyclists' path planning behavioral model at unsignalized mixed traffic intersections in China. Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine, IEEE, Volume: 1, Issue: 2, pp13-19, ISSN: 1939-1390.
5. Wu J, Mcdonald M, Chatterjee K (2007) A detailed evaluation of ramp metering impacts on driver behaviour. Transportation Research PART F-Traffic Psychology and Behaviour. Volume: 10, Issue: 1 Pages: 61-75.
6. Wu, J and Jiang, B (2007) GPS for GDP. Traffic Technology International, Oct/Nov 2007, pp 67-68.
7. Wu, J (2007) Reviewer of the Development of Intelligent Transport Systems in China, ITS International, Sep/Oct 2007, pp 63-64.
8. Juan Zhicai, Wu Jianping and Mike McDonald (2006) Socio-Economic Impact Assessment of Intelligent Transport Systems. Tsinghua Science and Technology, ISSN: 1007-0214 11/16, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 339-350.
9. Wu, J, and McDonald, M (2006) A detailed Evaluation of Ramp Metering Impacts on Driver Behaviour. Transportation Research Part F. 2006. Vol 10/1 pp 61-75.
10. Zheng P., McDonald M., Wu J., (2006). Evaluation of Collision Warning-Collision Avoidance Systems using Empirical Driving Data. Transportation Research Record, 1944, pp 1-7.
11. Q. Zhang, M. Guo and J. Wu (2006) The applications of the microscopic simulation model, FLOWSIM, at Urban Traffic Management. Journal of Beijing Jiaotong University. 2006, 30(6)。
12. Dong, J, Wu, J, and Guo, J (2005) GPS/GIS data based road network Evaluation-Case study of Beijing. Journal of Beijing Jiaotong University（Science). ISSN 1000-1506, Vol. 29, No. 2.
13. Guo, J, McDonald, M, Wu, J, and Li, Y (2004) The Application of RTK-GPS in Bridge Safety Monitoring. ASCE Journal: Bridge Engineering, March/April 2005, pp163-168.
14. Huang, L, and Wu, J (2004) Study on the cyclist’s behaviour at signalized intersections. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. (ISSN 1524-9050), Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 293-299.
15. Zhao Jiali and Jianping Wu, (2003) “Analysis of Pedestrian behavior with mixed traffic flow at intersection.” Intelligent Transportation Systems, IEEE. Vol.1, pp 323-327.
16. Wu J, Brackstone M, McDonald M (2003) The validation of a microscopic simulation model: a methodological case study. Transportation Research Part C – Emerging Technology, Volume: 11, Issue: 6, Pages: 463-479.
17. Zhang, Jing; Cai, Bai-Gen; Wu, Jianping (2003) Study of probe vehicle technology. Journal of Northern Jiaotong University, v 27, n 3, p 80.
18. Juan, Z, Wu, J, and McDonald, M (2003) The Socio-economic impacts assessment of convoy driving Motorway. Transportation Research Part A. 2003. pp. 731-747.
19. Wu, J., McDonald, M. and Breakstone, M. (2003) The Calibration and Validation of a Fuzzy Logic Based Microscopic Car Following Model. Transportation Research part C. 2003. Pp463-479.
20. Juan, Z, Wu, J, and McDonald, M (2001) A socio-economic impact assessment for advanced cooperative driving technology. Journal of Highway and Transportation Research and Development, 2001, Vol.1, No.3.
21. Wu, J, Brackstone, M, and McDonald, M (2000) Fuzzy Sets and Systems for a Motorway Microscopic Simulation Model. International Journal of “Fuzzy Sets and Systems”, Vol. 116, No. 1, 2000, pp. 65-76.
22. Wu, J, and Hounsell, N (1998) Bus priority using pre-signals. Transportation Research Part A. Vol. 32, (8), November 1998, pp. 563-583.